Monday, December 17, 2007

If you received my Christmas card and found your way here by the info on the back, here is the promised newsletter:

It was a 'St Paul' year. I had decided to make this the year I got out of my own little neighborhood to see the other half of the Twin Cities and it seems I did pretty well. These were all St Paul events:

MN Public Radio 40th Anniversary open house
Science Museum 'Race' exhibit (with nephew G in town for a visit)
Live broadcast of 'A Prairie Home Companion' at the Fitzgerald Theater
RetroRama Fashion Show party at the MN History Center
Como Park Conservatory spring flower show
Grand Old Days block party


...and that's just the first half of the year! I was back at the Science Museum to see 'Pompeii' recently, and just last night was treated to 'Inspecting Carol', a play at the U of M Centennial Showboat, and dinner at Muffaletta. Thanks D&K!!


My other goal was to see more of MN outside the metro area. I'm still working on that, but did manage to spend a little time in Stillwater, Afton, Hastings, Bayfield and Duluth.

It was a good year for plays and music at the Bloomington Theater, Cedar Cultural Center and the Dakota Jazz Club (my first time ever at the latter two). I visited each of the major art centers to see exhibits of Bob Dylan, Georgia O'Keefe and Frida Kahlo. And it's never a bad year for movies! I saw more than usual by signing up for every free ticket offer that came to my email box. Can't forget food...Mom, D&K and I went to a fun meal-making session at our local Sociale Gourmet and came away with many delicious fresh-to-freezer meals

Although it was another too-hot summer (for me), C and I biked on several paved paths around town, logging at least 15 miles each time. One route took us from Minnehaha Falls to Fort Snelling, across the Mendota Bridge and through Crosby Farm Park (into the cool forest).

On a serious note, the collapse of the I35W bridge over the Mississippi and the storm that knocked down Mom's 40-yr-old tree had us counting our blessings. With the flooding south of us, it was a scary year for Minnesota.

Although minor by comparison, problems with computers and internet connections delayed the opening of my website, (Clee.biz). In the meantime, I had fun stocking and organizing my workroom and challenging myself with various card designs.


So, that's just a bit of my 2007. It was fun to re-read my journal and remember all the events. I hope your year was a good one and the coming year even better!

P.S. - I'm not sure why there's too much space between some of the lines above. It's not by choice and I have yet to find a fix.


No comments: