Monday, December 10, 2007

The tree is decorated - hooray for the tree! I've had a long-standing tradition of putting it up the day after Thanksgiving and am woefully behind this year. But, since Christmas is still 2 weeks away and New Year's day (when it will be taken down) three weeks, there's plenty of time to enjoy it. The photo is from last year since the wall behind the tree has been stripped of wallpaper and is rather unphotogenic. Except for the number of ornaments, the tree doesn't change much from year to year. I did try to put in a few less branches this time to give the larger ornaments room to hang freely. And I had to buy a new star because I can't find the one in the photo, although all my ornament boxes are labeled and in one location. Today it's on to the cards. Late as ever, but I do plan to have them in the mail tomorrow.

No comments: