Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! I managed to make 8 more of the 11-layer card pictured below and mailed all the cards just minutes before last pick-up! So, if you usually receive a card from me, it should be there on time. Reminds me of Christmas when I went to the airport post office to mail my cards on time. That office is open 24/7, but it is hard to find by address alone. The road that took me there wound back all the way to the terminal, but could not be reached from the terminal...sort of a 'you can't get there from here' place. But, I'm glad I know where it is for future occasions.

This card is one I made in 1966, so I was 12. Thanks, Mom, for saving all my arts and crafts and giving them back to me! It means I have a portfolio that represents almost every period of my life! The body is 2 heart-shapes cut from red construction paper with a white doily cut up and glued on. The face is a heart of white construction paper. I don't believe this was my original idea - just something that was popular at the time. I think there was a 'man' Valentine, too - if I find it, I'll post it.

3 comments:

Amber said...

What a great thing to have; I need to make sure that I hold on to all the art work I've collected from my boys!

Danyelle Kessler said...

That is too clever. I would have never.....It's really cute and takes me back to my kiddiehood...last century!

Dana said...

Awwww... how cool! Isn't it great when you get see things you did as a child?