Sunday, February 03, 2008

I now have the storage wall of my dreams - isn't it pretty? This is the north wall of my studio/office. With 15 cubes and 31 drawers of different sizes, it was a lot of work to screw everything together by hand, but a lot of fun too! Each of the drawers has a metal label-pull that also needed to be attached. Then, I had to decide what would be stored in each drawer before I could print the colored labels (a few drawers still need labels). My collection of mini baskets, a few salt & pepper shakers, and other bright objects are on top of the cubes. On the wall above are three re-purposed racks. Two thread racks are used for paper punches and decorative scissors. My old CD storage box is now holding spools of ribbon. I just love finding new uses for old organizers.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Great storage system.... I need to get something like that. Looks like you'll have everything ready at your fingertips!

~Michelle~ said...

Awesome! I have a wall similar to yours with 17cubes!! I just *love* them.....I just got my last two this weekend....now need to rearrange and then get everything labeled all pretty. I'm going for the soft sky monochromatic look I think...but yours is so pretty all colorful-like! Have fun creating....cheaper than therapy I tell hubby!!

AZstampcrazy.com said...

Love your set up, very nice and clean.

Lastel said...

Love your storage wall , I want one just like it !

Nardi said...

WOW!!
My eyes have turned from blue to green!?!? ;o)
Our new house is going to be even smaller so I'll be lucky to have a drawer inside to keep my craft in and envision it being stored in the garage. So I will keep drooling over spaces like yours in the hope that we will once again get a house that has a room for my craft. :o)

Jennifer (jennifer-g on SCS) said...

Oh you are a lucky girl! I love the cubes, we have those for our DS's toys but not for mommy's! Someday...