Friday, February 22, 2008

My oldest cousin and her husband will celebrate another anniversary in a week, so here's the card they'll receive. Again, I combined 2 of the SCS challenges - the sketch and "masking". The masking was done on the image in the scalloped frame. I stamped and embossed the scallop, then stamped it again on a sticky-note. I cut the inside out of the oval stamped on the sticky, stuck it over the embossed oval and stamped the 'American Gothic' image over it. The image of the couple is larger than the oval, but this way it fits just inside like a frame, with no extraneous ink marking up the embossing.
The blue cardstock has been stamped all over with an unknown Stampin' Up stamp I bought at a garage sale. It had '1994' on it, but I have no SU catalog that old to help me identify it. If anyone knows, please leave a comment.
I made it a 'shabby chic' (as they call it) card by sponging and dragging tea dye Distressing Ink over all the layers, and roughing up the edges of all the cardstock with a scissors blade. There are tools designed for this, but the scissors seems to work just fine and helps keep my limited space from filling up with too many tools.

4 comments:

Danyelle Kessler said...

Yes! I love this stamp and you really did it nicely with the embossing.

Karen said...

What a great anniversary card! I love all your extra details that make this so special. Beautiful job!

Godelieve said...

I love how this turned out! Great combination of challenges!

Jennie Skaggs said...

This is a great card...love the image and your layout. Congrats to your cousin and her husband. Jennie