Saturday, February 23, 2008

No, you're not seeing double. In a rare moment of companionship, that's Jazzy on the left, and Zane. Because of perspective, they look like they're the same size, but Zane was almost twice as big as Jazzy when the photo was taken. She may have gained a bit of weight since then, but Zane truly is a large 'big-boned' cat. A neighbor mistook him for a raccoon once! That was on a day when Zane got into a fight with Harley and I couldn't get them apart...all the neighbor could see was my poor little white kitty being attacked by a blur of striped fur.

7 comments:

J Short said...

I love kitties! I have one that's really scrawny with a huge bushy tail named Lil' Bean, but we always call her the Sewer Tiger cuase she's ferocious (not really) and looks like she's a stray that sleeps in the sewer (that's for real). I've got to say, I love cats, but I think I'm alittle bit more partial to puppies. I'm not a huge fan of dogs when the grow up, but I just love puppies! Don't you wish there were a way to stop the aging process for animals!?

Whoopsie Daisy! said...

Awww! It's like looking at a mirrored image! Pretty cool. I love cats too. My cat of 20 years that has lived my parents for most of her life passed away last year. Then there's my fur baby, Mia who loves nothing more than to be cuddled and carried around (on her own terms of course). Love your blog... off to look at more posts.

Whoopsie Daisy! said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nardi said...

What a great picture. How I wish we still had a cat. (Am working on getting another one - as are the kids!!)

Danyelle Kessler said...

They are so look-alike. I thought it was one sitting in front of a mirror. How cute!

Lizette said...

Wow ! I thought it was one cat infront of a mirror ! Cute cats.

Jennie Skaggs said...

THese kitties are gorgeous. :) Love how perfect the photo came out. You were definitely in the right place at the right time with the camera. I took some great ones of my kitty this morning. There was a dog on the screen and she was batting at him. :) Jennie