Monday, March 10, 2008

Did you remember to Spring Ahead? Yes, by now you would've noticed being an hour late everywhere :) As I write this, the sun is still high in the sky, slanting in my western studio window - at 6:15 PM! Such a glorious feeling to have light so late in the day. The temp is supposed to reach 40 tomorrow and maybe the next day, so major melting will take place. This hasn't been a very snowy winter, but we haven't seen bare ground since our big snowfall last December. This is the first time in many many years that this has happened. We've either had such light snow-cover or such warm temps, that the brown grass was fully exposed. As a winter-lover, I'm all for a snow-covered landscape. It makes it so much more exciting to see and hear the melting! Temperatures rise and fall, but there comes a day when even the breeze feels warm, and there's an earthy smell in the air...and that is when Spring begins.

The card pictured is an SCS challenge card, using the Faux Cloissone' technique: embossing powder (gold on this card) is used with a stamp on a glossy magazine page. When I first heard of this, I couldn't stop myself from saving every interesting pattern from all the magazines I was trying to recycle! Now, I'm a bit more picky, but once a saver, always a saver :). I used a heart stamp to create the shamrock for a St. Patrick's Day card. The patterned paper and the dry-embossed paper both have a diamond design. I inked and gold-embossed the edges of the circle and the white rectangle. The gold edge on the base card was created with a metallic pen.

2 comments:

Lizette said...

What a beautiful card ! I will have to try this !

Dianne said...

Hello from a fellow Minnesotan! I found your blog on SCS. I *love* this card!! It is the prettiest faux cloisonne' card I've ever seen. Very well done!