Thursday, March 20, 2008























Happy Spring! It's also the anniversary of moving into my house 28 years ago! Brother D and I bought the house together and he lived here for the first 7 years. We rarely saw each other, though. He worked normal day shift hours and I was studying interior design by day and working in bank processing by night. We still had our adventures: the locust that got into his bedroom one night and was so huge he didn't know what it was without his glasses; the huge thump in the attic when I was home alone that I had him investigate...turned out to be a mirror left hanging on the wall that had broken off its twine hanger and crashed to the floor. I could have sworn the chimney had fallen, that's how loud it was!

It's too early for any real Spring-in-Minnesota photos, but I will keep my eyes open. In the meantime, this little chick bowl is something I bought at Hallmark last year after Easter. It was too cute to resist and I've put it to good use in my studio. As much as I'd like, I can't buy decorations and dishes for every occasion. Living in a 1000-square foot bungalow is actually a blessing more times than not. It's one way to live the simple life. There's simply no room for clutter - not that I haven't tried! :)

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Awwww, how cute is that little guy?!?