Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day! The green grass that I just photographed yesterday is being rapidly covered up by a gently-falling snow. It wouldn't be March without a snowstorm, but this one is pretty mild (spoken by someone who doesn't have to drive home tonight in rush hour traffic :) I brought my potted shamrock outside to take a picture in the snow, but this one taken inside worked out better with the light filtering through.
I've always thought I was a little Irish because Dad used to whistle and sing many Irish tunes. He also called us a Duke's mixture, which I understood to mean English/Irish/Scottish. But, having learned more and more of my Scandinavian roots, and less - none at all - of my English, I can't be sure. Anyway, isn't there a saying about everyone being Irish on St.Patrick's Day? Here's one of my favorite Irish blessings:

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
And rains fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the small of His hand.

1 comment:

Lizette said...

This is a great picture ! You saw green grass? You're lucky, we have had a record snow fall this year so I don't think I'll be seeing grass for a while LOL
Thanks for visiting my blog.