Tuesday, March 04, 2008

MARCH FORTH! You see, it is the only date that is also a sentence or command. When I worked in an office, back in the days when there wasn't much choice in screen savers, I'd try to change my 'crawling sentence' screen saver frequently. March Forth was one of those, as was 'Beware the Ides of March' (from Julius Caesar). Of course, March Forth is a play on words, since the date is spelled 'fourth' (just didn't want anyone thinking I couldn't spell).
So, what will you do today that would be considered Marching Forth? Last year, I started this blog and started taking down my wallpaper. Today, although I'm starting slowly, I have one big project planned. Whenever I get a late start on a busy day, I'm always reminded of one of my childhood cartoon characters, Yogi Bear. The song went "he can sleep 'til noon, but before it's dark, he'll have every picnic basket that's in Jellystone Park". I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments: