Sunday, March 02, 2008

Spring is just around the corner, so the latest SCS challenges inspired me to recreate a Christmas "door" card I'd designed a year ago (see link below). This one is a door that opens to the sentiment inside (the door on the original card was just for looks). In fact, I had a hard time coming up with a way to keep it closed for the photo! I settled on a piece of sticky note folded back on itself. The wreath is an old (1994) Stampin' Up stamp I bought at a garage sale. It is embossed in silver, colored with markers, cut out and layered over a thin piece of cardboard for depth. The door handle is a snap embellishment. I think next time I design a door like this, I will use an actual snap. That way, the door will stay closed. A cousin who turned 50 last year will receive this. I forgot her big 5-0, so I'm wishing her a Happy Spring, Happy Easter, Happy St Patrick's Day, and a Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

Nardi said...

Cute card. TFS!

Lizette said...

What a cute card ! Great idea with the door. The colours look very nice.

happygiggles said...

This is a great card! The colors get me excited for spring! Thanks for sharing!

Veronica said...

Very cute! Love the door ide!

Denise Bryant said...

OMG...are you kidding me? This card is so clever, creative and cute all wrapped into one. Love it.

Aunt T said...

Wow - great card. I missed seeing this challenge. I love your door.

Teresa