Friday, April 11, 2008

Aloha Cards. I'm working on getting my Hawaii photos ready to post, so in the meantime, here are two cards I made for an SCS challenge using rub-ons. I bought these pineapple rub-on images several years ago without any idea of how I'd use them. The first card is simply a card base (orange), yellow designer paper with 'Aloha' printed from my PC and punched designs in the corners, and a blue circle of dp with the rub-ons applied over it.
The second card was actually the first one I made. I had no plan for it; consequently, it kept changing into something I wasn't sure I liked. The first layer is a paper bag I brought home from Hawaii. I crumpled it, smoothed it out, applied brown ink to the creases (dragging the ink pad over the flattened paper), and stuck it to my card base. The pineapple rub-ons were applied over white cardstock. I colored-penciled the blue/green oval and matted the image on brown paper. 'Aloha' is stamped in brown ink on vellum with Inkadinkado 'Carved in Stone' letter stamps.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I like both these cards. I especially like the second one! Love that idea on using a special paper bag as a background. Great idea....

Kisa Peters said...

I love that "special" background paper! What a great card! The pineapple is really cute too!

JAR said...

I love that second one!! beautiful job~

Danyelle Kessler said...

Cards are fabulous! Love the rounded edges on the second one!