Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Aloha Lei Card. An SCS challenge from a few weeks ago asked us to use any flower embellishments that we may have bought and never used. These flowers are cheapie fabric die-cuts from Oriental Trading. I think they are meant to be used as confetti on tables, but I had seen the 'Primas' that other crafters were using and thought these would be a great budget version. However, Primas have a 3-D quality and these are flat, so I've been trying to come up with ways to use them that wouldn't look second-best. I think this works. The letters (Inkadinkado) were stamped on white cardstock, punched out and taped over the flowers. The flowers are strung together with embroidery floss; I also taped them directly to the card so the lei wouldn't shift or slide. The card base was sent to me in a swap...I added the 2 layers of designer paper with snap embellishments.
I will continue to edit my vacation photos and post more of them as time permits. At least my taxes are done - yaaaaay!!

No comments: