Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm still in "Hawaii mode" when it comes to making cards, so I was finally able to use the palm tree image I received in a swap awhile ago. The SCS sketch challenge was to make a tall card with the oval and the front flap folded back. I added patterned paper to the front of the card under the flap. The palm tree image is matted on a brown oval that I distressed with the tool in my new distressing kit (this can also be done by running the edge through the blades of a scissors). I added copper embellishments with a little copper wire (I save everything that could possibly be used on a card!). The sentiment came on the same swapped card - I matted and distressed it (slightly) the same as the oval. I ran a sanding block over the green cardstock flap and the inside edge that shows.

No comments: