Monday, April 28, 2008

Seaside Inspiration. I promise to get back to work on the Hawaii story, but this weekend I was working on a card design to sell. I will post a link to my Etsy shop as soon as I have a few cards ready. In the meantime, I made this card for three challenges at SCS - the sketch, the cutting (of the shell shapes that are layered in the center), and the inspiration from a seaside charm bracelet. Some designs form in the brain and you just have to follow your own direction, so to speak. I had no pre-conceived notion of this design. I only knew the colors and stamps I wanted to use and proceeded from there. I worked with the top layer first - remember, the sketch challenge gives the number and size of the layers. After the top layer was complete, I looked for a color for the next layer and it wasn't until that moment that I decided on the plastic netting. I added the shells and the fiber at the very end when I could see what was needed for more interest. Imagination is a great thing because it allows you to SEE things in your head before they exist, but creating a card without imagining it first is a little like magic...even I don't know what it will look like until it's done.

5 comments:

Jess said...

This is so lovely and tranquil...

MichelleO said...

How pretty peaceful and just beautiful!

Kristine said...

This card is adorable Cheryl! Love the maritime look of it!
Kristine

Angel said...

Such a wonderful card, love the details and colors! We lived on Oahu for 3 yrs, so I'm off to watch your video! I miss it so much!

Joan said...

Very nice job of the sketch challenge....I love the shells you've added and all the different shades of blue. Awesome. Joan