Monday, May 19, 2008

Another SCS multiple-challenge card. I used last weeks sketch plus the challenge to use "inchies". I have a stash of these 1" pieces of art from several swaps I joined last year. The inche on this card was one I received - it is stamped, colored and embellished with a bit of gold. I decided to use it after I'd already chosen the fern image, and the mat colors followed. The fern image is the first thing I ever stamped at a Stampin' Up party. It made a nice simple card, but it was more fun to recycle it! The sentiment is a Hallmark stamp that I've had for years. I had never used it and don't even remember why I bought it. Thanks to Splitcoaststampers and Stampin' Up, I now know what to do with all my stamps and other 'hoarded' craft supplies.

4 comments:

Danyelle Kessler said...

Beautiful job on the challenges! I have to find out more about these inchies things. I had no idea? I particulary love the buttons and the fern.

Lizette said...

Love the fern image. Great card !

Lesly said...

Great job and I love your photographs of the lake.

Lori Barnett said...

great story. I remember my first stamp I used at an SU party too! It was a 2-step stamp and I thought HOW COOL. The rest is history :) hee hee. CUTE card you made there. Love the goodies you put together for it. I also LOVE those photographs you took of the lake. WOW!!