Thursday, May 22, 2008


Father's Day Card. If any of the dads in the family are reading this, sorry for spoiling the surprise. I made these cards for my brothers and cousins. The sketch is one from Splitcoaststampers and the idea came from the tool embellishments I had on hand. I wanted to find a quote that might be a play on words relating to tools...something like "measuring up" or ? Even Barlett's Familiar Quotations was no help, but a phrase started to form in my mind and the sentiment evolved into:

A man holding the right tool can create great things
A man holding his child's hand can create miracles!

The card is made from DCWV photo-papers that I distressed along the edges. I even used the little "tracing wheel" tool that came with the kit to deboss a line of holes along the outer edge of the card (it may be hard to see in the photo). The tools were attached to the sentiment with wire and brads.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Very nice Father's Day card!!!

Danyelle Kessler said...

These are so cool! I love that tool embellishment and the photo papers.

Sue Daly said...

Very cool project

The Crafty Chik said...

I love that tool you put on as an embellishment! It looks just like some pliers my DH had as a baby that his Mom gave me! Too cute!

Lesly said...

I love this card. The plier embellishment is great.

Jess said...

Love this card! How fun to have the actual tool! And I love the verse.