Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hollywood Card. I bought this Hampton Arts stamp because it was cheap and I didn't have any detailed stamps like it. This is the first time I've used it and I'm happy with the way it turned out, but I don't know how versatile it will be. I wouldn't mind having just the woman on a stamp so I can try paper-piecing her dress in different ways. Anyway, this is for the SCS Sketch Challenge this week. The turquoise cardstock is by DCWV, and the black/white polka dot paper is another of my PC-generated designs. The image was colored with watercolor pencils and an aquapen.
Tomorrow I will post some of the Spring color photos I took around the lake today. It was glorious weather and I played tourist instead of doing my yardwork. I started Memorial Day weekend early!

2 comments:

Mary Dawn said...

i love this, the colors are so vivid...i also think you can do TONS with this stamp, have fun playing with her

(ps, my staz on smells like almonds too, but i don't think it's at all pleasant LOL)

The Crafty Chik said...

That's a really cool stamp! I like the details too! I bet it would look awesome done in black & white too! Great coloring job as well!