Friday, May 23, 2008

Hometown Tourist. When I walked around Lake Harriet on Thursday, I brought my camera "just in case". What a gorgeous, perfect day! I ended up taking about 50 pictures of the many flowers and trees that are in bloom. Here are a few:


The bandshell was repainted in the past year or two. It used to be a soft blue, but apparently the taupe was the intended color when it was built. I liked the blue better, but the neutral hue does make a nice backdrop for these flowering trees, doesn't it? These flowers are all blooming in the Rose Garden to the east.


















There was just this one sailboat out on the water and I managed to line it up with downtown in the background.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

you have such beautiful pictures on your blog. I'm so glad I found it through the SCS blog comment thread. thanks for sharing. you have a wonderful "eye"