Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Cool Couple. I bought the girl penguin stamp at Archiver's just to make this anniversary card for my cousins L&J. They are celebrating 18 years of wedded bliss! :) The inside sentiment says "to a couple of cool cousins". Mr and Mrs Penguin are stamped in black Stazon, then colored with markers and glitter gel pen - can you see the bra top and the shorts are glittering? I added paper flower embellishments and a tiny heart punched from metallic cardstock. "Happy Anniversary" was printed on my PC and then silver embossed before the ink dried. Slow-drying ink from inkjet printers is a GOOD thing: there are limitless fonts and sizes of sentiments waiting to embossed! Of course, printing on vellum is the trick. On normal paper, the dry-time is usually instantaneous. But I use my PC for almost all of my sentiments. I could never buy enough stamps to cover all the lines and verses I like to use on my cards.

1 comment:

GinaP said...

that is super cute! I can't see the sparkles on the top or shorts, but knowing they're there is enough for me! Those flowers are the cutest touch to that card, too. I love it.