Sunday, June 01, 2008

Happy June. Yesterday's hail storm left a little damage to the spring flowers, but my poppies haven't opened yet, and my favorite flower, lily-of-the-valley, was untouched. I always try to bring in several bouquets so I can enjoy the fragrance indoors as well as out. This is the perfect vase for them - in scale and color! I've had it such a long time that I don't remember where it came from. The name of an Arkansas pottery company is on the bottom, so I think it was a souvenir gift brought back by my parents from one of their driving vacations.


I have a small collection of blue pottery collected on other trips and this may have been the one that started it all.

2 comments:

Danyelle Kessler said...

Beautiful vase! You should make an inspirational sketch with it. I'll link up if I come up with something.

Michele Zwart said...

That vase is gorgeous! I love it!