Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Inspiration Card. Danyelle left a suggestion on the previous post that I should make a card inspired by the turquoise vase. So, I did! Splitcoaststampers hosts an inspiration challenge every Saturday by posting a photo of a magazine or catalog ad or a piece of art, etc. The inspiration can come from any part of the photo - colors, patterns, mood, or even an item in the photo, although it isn't necessary to recreate an actual object. But, for this design, I immediately envisioned incorporating the curving shapes of the vase and set out to make an abstract version of it.

The 'vase' is light blue cardstock stamped in turquoise with Sculpted Style, then stamped again in blue with Watercolor Garden - both stamps by Stampin' Up! I used a circle template to cut out the two curved shapes and attached the top shape with foam tape. The pattern on the flowers is white c/s stamped in turquoise with another Sculpted Style stamp. They were punched out with a Martha Stewart punch. I drew the stems with silver glitter gel pen. The sentiment was done on the PC, punched out and layered over a punched scalloped circle (MS punch). I also traced over the printed letters with more silver glitter pen. Thanks for the idea, Danyelle!

5 comments:

Teresa said...

So very pretty!

Tessa (shastess on SCS) said...

excellent intrpretation!!!!!!!!

Newstampinaddict said...

Beautiful! Great card and you can totally see all the inspiration!

Pink Camo's Creative Place said...

Hi, I found your blog thru SCS. I just wanted to say that this is a Beautiful card.

Danyelle Kessler said...

Beautiful details, Cheryl. I did one too!
http://hangnailznpapercutz.blogspot.com/2008/06/cheryls-inspiration-piece.html