Sunday, July 27, 2008


Summer Walk. I'm a bit slow to blog these days. After a wonderfully cool start to summer, the heat has returned. Although it's not much to complain about compared to other years and other spots in the U.S. this year, it means I finally will have to put my AC unit in the window of my studio.

The tiger lilies in my yard bloomed last week and are still opening every day. I like a flower that needs no care, but I guess I should water them - this one looks a bit dry!


The other photos were taken on a walk with Aunt C, starting in her neighborhood and continuing close to mine. This front yard garden is well-tended by a man who added the deer sculpture/containers. There were seashells in one of them. The house is the one next door to the garden, not the owner's.


And take a look at this art-chimney. It reminds me of art-cars, on which every conceivable surface is covered by corks or toys or whatever the designer collects! This chimney has a swimming pool ladder at the top, chains, patio blocks, etc. (Click on the photo for a larger view).

2 comments:

Danyelle Kessler said...

Great pics......you know that flower is Tangerine Tango, right? You are not disqualified.....you can proudly display your award.

Danyelle Kessler said...

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=0969bce279&view=att&th=11b718249d85c108&attid=0.1

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=0969bce279&view=att&th=11b718249d85c108&attid=0.2

there are the files for both!