Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sunday Afternoon, Part 2. After I checked out the Norway Day festivities, I wandered over to the Stevens House on the south end of Minnehaha Park. It was moved there many years ago from its original site where Minneapolis began. I don't remember ever taking a tour of the inside, so I did that.
This photo (displayed inside the house) was taken at its original location. As the tour guide pointed out, it must have seemed very strange/exciting to wake up to this scene outside your door. Do you see the peak of the house just to the left of the far right teepee?

I couldn't resist taking a photo of the original bed from the house. The saying, "sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite" refers to getting a more comfortable rest by tightening the ropes that held up the stuffed mattress - and of course to the bugs that were lurking IN the stuffing!


The tour made no mention of this outhouse, so I don't know if it's original, but I thought it made a cute photo.

No comments: