Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Tall Ships. My busy weekend started with a trip to Duluth on Saturday to see several tall sailing ships visiting from other ports (Baltimore was one). Mom, C and I drove up for the day and walked around the harbor area. We skipped buying tickets for the tour of the ships because the lines were a bit too long. Instead, we ate at the famous Grandma's (restaurant) and took a short stroll on the boardwalk.





This structure is the bandshell in Canal Park. I haven't been to a concert there, but the setting is very inviting.
Next door is the Great lakes Aquarium, another place to put on my 'to visit' list!


2 comments:

laurie said...

I wanted to get to Duluth for the ships but never got a chance! Thanks for the photos! I still think you shouldv'e gotton the cheese curds!Laurie{ from stampin up north with laurie}

laurie said...

I wanted to get to Duluth to see the ships but didn't make it! Thanks for the photos! I still think you should have eaten cheese curds at the fair!