Sunday, August 31, 2008

State Fair Scrapbook. Last day of August already! I don't have to ask where the time went this summer, with Brother C's surgery and Mom's broken ankle.
I managed to go to the MN State Fair Friday and wore myself out with all the walking, looking and eating. It was a beautiful day, which brought out the crowds, so I'm glad I got there early. I was able to look at the Fine Arts and the Creative Activities and the Sesquicentennial exhibit in relative comfort, then leave by 3PM. Besides my food purchases, I usually don't shop much. The "virtual" scrapbook page on the left shows a sun/moon ornament from Mexico, a little mitten Christmas ornament made by a local craftswoman, my ticket and the Sesqui pin I bought in the Big Top Chautauqua all laid out on a rubber stamped paper Minnesota. The rubber stamping was an all-ages activity to make your own MN hat. There was a headband on the bottom that I stamped all around with loons, but I used them on a card (see next post).
Mom Update: She's recuperating in a nursing home after a bout with pnemonia, but doing well aside from boredom and impatience to GO HOME! Get well, Mom :)

No comments: