Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Happy 80th Birthday, Mom! More than 2 weeks after her birthday, I'm finally posting the card I made for her. The day she broke her ankle was her actual birthday. Luckily, we had a family picnic/birthday party the first Sunday of August...and brother and sister-in-law D&K and I had taken her out for dinner at Red Lobster the night before. In years to come, I hope she'll have fond memories of the celebrating rather than the accident. She's still recuperating at a nursing home until she can manage on her own at home.

The main card was an Archiver's make-and-take, with "Happy Birthday" stamped on the front. I added the "80th" label printed on vellum on my PC and embossed in gold. The band slips off the card to open it.
The inside of the card was originally just the orange stamped panel. I added the penguin stamped in black, her dress embossed in gold, and a punched glitter flower on her head. I printed the sentiment on a piece of cloud-patterned paper.

No comments: