Friday, September 26, 2008











Featured in My Etsy Shop
. I made these pieces in the mid-70s from kits I bought while on vacation in Florida. As a collector/hoarder, it's so hard to part with beloved items, but since I'm trying to sell cards I've made, why not sell this pendant and pin? Someone should get some use and enjoyment out of them, otherwise they'll sit in my jewelry box as they have for years. It's recycling and sharing my love of arts and crafts at the same time! The bow design on the pin is an original; the materials all came in the kit, but I had already made a bracelet and decided to try my hand at something new. I believe I switched the needlepoint canvas to a larger count which meant many more stitches and better detail (this is known as petit point and it's often used for a small detailed area in the middle of normal stitches).
Edit: (10/14/08) I sold the pin today! It is on its way to someone who I hope will enjoy it.

2 comments:

Danyelle Kessler said...

Yeah, I'm just sitting here with my mouth gaped open....I've never seen such tiny stitching. Amazing!

Liz said...

Precious!