Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Congratulations, Mr President (Elect)! The election was going to be historic no matter how it turned out, with either the first female Vice President or the first African American President. I'm very happy with the outcome. It's historic for me personally, as well. It's the first time the President will be younger than me! I've been voting since 1972 and this is only the third time I voted for the winner. I probably should have voted for Jimmy Carter, but it was only my second election and I had no idea who he was! Of, course, that's the way I felt about Obama for the longest time, but I eventually "saw the light". When I was waiting to vote yesterday, I was reading "The Secret Life of Bees" set in 1964, and a black woman was harrassed on her way to register to vote. We've come a long way since those days, with, hopefully, many more positive changes yet to come.

No comments: