Monday, November 17, 2008

Rockin' Cabaret

This weekend was another VSN - Virtual Stamp Night - at Splitcoaststampers, and I was able to get two cards made. I'll share the 2nd one at a later time because it was made with an occasion in mind. This card was inspired by the CD cover in the background (that was the challenge). I used drops of dyes swirled around with a paint brush on watercolor paper. After drying it with my heat gun, I stamped the notes on it, matted it on black and added the punched scalloped oval with ribbon. This took my 45 minutes - that is also part of the challenge.

I also changed my blog template again. I wasn't happy with how the text was aligning on the old one. As much as I don't like the design aspect of software, I would love to figure out how things were intended to work/look, because they sure don't work/look anything like simple/logical sometimes!

No comments: