Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Fruit Salad

With only two more card-making days to go this year, I'm up to 253. That isn't a record, but I didn't swap cards with anyone at Splitcoaststampers, so the number reflects more individual challenges and designs for my Etsy Shop. Of course, Christmas cards to send and sell accounted for almost half that total, and meant December was a pleasantly creative month.

These cards were made for Technique Lover's Challenge, posted every Monday at SCS. Both cards started with designer paper by K and Company folded into a "squash" shape (that was the challenge) and a Rubber stampede stamp. I used watercolor pencils and regular colored pencils and printed the sentiment on my PC. The pear card is tied closed with ribbon attached behind the image. The apple card is kept closed by a coated paperclip, decorated with a bit of ribbon.

2 comments:

Stef H: (Illinois, US) said...

These are great. I love fruit cards. Wonder why I don't use 'em more myself! Maybe this year.....

Stef H

Danyelle Kessler said...

Cheryl, these are beautiful. I'm partial to the pear, though. Love the green.