Friday, December 12, 2008

The Ornaments of a Home

Many cardmakers at Splitcoaststampers challenge themselves to make a few Christmas cards a week until they have enough for everyone on their list. I've been making my own Christmas cards for decades, but usually all the same style each year. Several years ago, I decided to do more drawing, so I started a series of colored-pencil illustrations of the "12 Days of Christmas" theme. I hope and wish and plan to make them by October or November, but that doesn't usually happen. Last year, I drew, printed, assembled and addressed all my cards in just a couple of days, and sent them out on Dec. 15th. It looks like that's what I'll be doing again this year.


In the meantime, here's an SCS Sketch Challenge card, using designer paper (probably DCWV), and cardstock, plus grosgrain ribbon and a Stampin' Up image stamped and embossed 3 times. The sentiment reads, "The ornaments of
home are the friends who frequent it". The sentiment is also an SU stamp that I bought at a garage sale. It's dated 1994, but I have no idea what set it's from, or the name of it.

No comments: