Sunday, January 25, 2009

Country Cousins Spoiler Alert

If you think you might be the recipient of a card addressed to "Country Cousins", skip this post and be surprised. But even if you do sneak a peek, the actual card is much cooler, if I do say so, since it is 3-D!


Anyway, forewarned
.


The Splitcoaststampers challenge each Saturday is an Inspiration Challenge. A link to a website is given, and participants may create a card or project using anything they see that inspires them. It definitely doesn't have to be a literal translation of any image, but I did go a bit literal with this card. The Lang Calendars website was the pick this week, and I was delighted to discover I had bought my own calendar from them this year!
As soon as I looked at the cover page again, I knew I had to make a card with blue gingham paper and pink plaid, and a basketweave pattern if I had it (and I did!). The "basket" is a ring of thin cardboard covered with the basketweave pattern paper. I added points of blue gingham for the "cloth" inside. Almost all the hearts were stamped with various Michael's dollar stamps and cut out. A few are punched hearts - some glitter cardstock, some metallic c/s. I punched the sunflowers in the pink plaid paper, then backed them with yellow and black c/s, and sponged some black ink around them. Black ink was sponged around the basket and cloth as well. The sentiment was printed from my computer, trimmed, corners rounded, and black-sponged.

1 comment:

Stef H: (Illinois, US) said...

This is gorgeous!

Do you upload to SCS gallery?