Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm back with my patriotic card. Now I just have to figure out who to send it to. I don't know anyone with a July 4th birthday. I used Fiskars squeeze punches for the oval and starbursts, Hero Arts stamps for the white-and-black paper, DCWV glitter and metallic cardstocks, and a clear label for the sentiment.

Yesterday was a nice change of routine. I took the bus downtown to meet with an Accountemps associate. I was registered with them years ago, but I took the latest skills tests and found I still remember most of my accounts payables training. I also did well on the Excel test and the alpha-input test, but my 10-key skills, practiced for 33 years, are off-the-charts! If only there was big money to be made in high-speed number-keying :) Anyway, I'm all set up to be matched with a temp job. Accountemps even offers health insurance and a 401K plan to its temps, so that is a wonderful change from the days when you were on your own.

2 comments:

Danyelle Kessler said...

Beautiful card and theme! You could just put it in your stash until the perfect recipient comes along?

Stef H: (Illinois, US) said...

Great card. I have a friend whose birthday IS July 4th and I send her a patriotic card every time. She must be sick of them by now. You can use this for ANY birthday in July (if you want to stay with that theme). But I agree with Danyelle.... put it away til the perfect recipient comes along!