Thursday, January 08, 2009

Of Cats and Cards

This is a photo I couldn't have gotten until a few days ago when I lined up the cats' dishes along one wall. Do they look like they need to go one a diet? Yes! (Don't we all?). It's not easy to regulate their food, but Zane (second from left) slimmed down nicely a few years back when I fed him only 2 small portions a day. And Jazz (far right) is starting to look more like Zane than she should, since she is 3.5 and he is almost 11 years old.

My newest project is to FIND A JOB, but I managed to make another card today after I filled out my online application for Accountemps (where I was employed several years ago). The paisley stamp in the background and the sheriff star stamp are some I bought at Michael's and have rarely used. I colored the paisley's with a marker. The sheriff star and punched smaller stars are from the same textured metallic cardstock, attached with mounting tape. I rounded all the corners with a corner punch and direct-inked or sponged most of the edges. I tied a small piece of twine around one rectangle with notched edges.

No comments: