Monday, January 05, 2009

When Life Gives You Strawberries...

...you make a strawberry card. I'm getting a late start to a new year of blogging due to an annoying sinus cold that started New Year's Day. But I'm moving along as best I can. Mom and I played mini golf at Moose Mountain at the Mall of America on January 1st. Mom got a hole-in-one on the last hole, which meant a free game next time. I was using my free game from last year! We didn't do too badly considering our little practice. It's a family tradition to go bowling or play golf after breakfast on New Year's Day.

This is the last card in the "fruit" series, because I have no more Rubber Stampede stamps. I started with another sketch from SCS. The red paper is a bag, the yellow patterned paper is from a commercial card. After I stamped the strawberries on white cardstock, I colored them with watercolor pencils and a bit of marker and glitter gel pen, then cut them out and attached them to the yellow piece with mounting tape. The sentiment is PC-generated and all the layers were sponged with brown distress ink, including the chipboard dots.

1 comment:

Mr. Fahrenheit said...

Sounds like a good time, Auntie. Wish I could have been there. Thanks for the card and the SK planner. I can't emphasize enough how cool it is having someone in the family as creative as you :)