Wednesday, February 04, 2009

25 Things

Over on Facebook, I was tagged to make a "25 Random Things About You" list, and this is what I came up with. My aunt commented on a couple things I could have added if the list was longer, so there are 25 more after the first list.


1. single and plan to stay that way!
2. won an award for drafting in high school - for 3 years of the best grades (I was the only girl in the class for 2 of those years).
3. was the first woman in the Air Force ROTC program at the U of MN.
4. hate fads, I prefer individuality.
5. if I could live on ice cream, I would!
6. lived in Calif for 3 months, other than that my whole life in the Twin Cities.
7. took the Ground School course (for the private pilot's license) when I was 15, and got to fly a small plane for a few minutes.
8. have 4 cats, who make me laugh every day.
9. took my brother up in a hot air balloon for his 30th birthday.
10. am the oldest of 3 children, also an oldest grandchild AND great-grandchild.
11. my favorite kinds of music are contemporary JAZZ, and rock & roll
12. have no favorite song or color - too many to choose from, and I love sooo many
13. have 1/2 of an architecture degree and 1/2 of an interior design degree
14. have had a few of my poems published in a local paper.
15. would love to pet a lion someday.
16. been an avid environmentalist ever since Hubert Humphrey came to my high school for the first Earth Day.
17. love mystery/scary books, ever since I read the Judy Bolton series as a kid, and Stephen King as an adult
18. didn't get my driver's license until I was 23 - my first car was a '65 T-bird, and I've only owned 4 cars, (one just for the winter), all used.
19. kept a journal for 25 years, and have every letter ever written to or by me (as an adult)!
20. have had a blog for over a year.
21. have traveled to Argentina, the Bahamas, Brazil, Canada, China, England, France, Hong Kong, Iceland, Peru, Portugal (the Azores), Scotland, and Spain, and one day in Mexico on a family vacation.
22. been a/an landscape/deck designer, cook, seamstress, account clerk, bank clerk, sandwich maker, inventory taker, graphics tech and started my own business
23. been on a Windjammer (sailing ship) and a river steamboat
24. don't drink coffee or beer, but give me a diet coke or a margarita and I'm in heaven.
25. see over 100 movies per year, my fave is the romantic comedy, but I like almost all genres.
26. have my own greeting card business and I've made many of my own cards more or less all my life
27. owned my house for 29 years - after I left my parent's house, I was a renter for less than 4 years when I became homeowner
28. love all kinds of foods, especially Mexican food - to go with my margaritas! - am allergic to none, and have eaten the foods of all the countries I've visited
29. rode a bicycle 150 miles in 2 days (Twin Cities to Duluth).
30. was in Honor Society in high school
31. volunteered to write to a prison inmate while I was in college. We corresponded for several years (and as I said above, I have every one of those letters)
32. can whistle along with any tune (and I'm IN tune!)
33. took ballet and tap lessons as a kid and was an Indian and "jello" in our recitals
34. been taking pictures since I was 10, and still have my first camera (see post below)
35. have less than "6 degrees of separation" from the last couple of Presidents = President to Senator Coleman to his wife to her father to me (went to his drafting school, and it was a small school, so, yes, I DID meet him)
36. have stuck my feet in both US oceans (not on the same trip, although I've heard of people doing it the same day, after a plane trip)
37. never got to see The Beatles perform, but have seen Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr play individually
38. have dabbled in most of the arts and crafts, including pottery, metal sculpture, needlepoint, crochet, knitting, cross-stitch, drawing, painting
39. voted in every Presidential election since I was of age and worked on McGovern's campaign against Nixon.
40. been hooked on Sudoku (I'm better now...but now I think I'm hooked on Cross-sums)
41. played violin and clarinet in grade school (although I wasn't any good at it...still hope to play the piano someday)
42. made all my own clothes while I was in high school - I wish I had a photo of me in that black fake-fur mini skirt and the turquoise blouse with French cuffs!
43. have worn glasses (and mostly contacts) since 4th grade
44. have no interest in hunting or guns, but won a turkey once by firing a rifle at a target (see ROTC)
45. sleep in a waterbed that my brother made for himself in the 70s - he sold it to me when he bought a new one and it's the only bed I've ever owned except for the French Provincial canopy bed I took with me when I got my first apartment
46. love winter and snow...must be the Norwegian in me...and I DO NOT like hot weather, as in over 70 degrees
47. have always had a huge "crush" on Robert Wagner and more recently, The Rock (Dwayne Johnson)
48. am a big Superman fan! I was never into comic books, but have watched every live action movie or TV show about Superman, starting with The Adventures of Superman that aired before I was born, but was re-aired in the 50s
49. Dad was a speed skater, so my brothers and I were all speed-skaters. We briefly fantacized about being in the Olympics
50. love making lists :)

No comments: