Monday, February 02, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day!

A sunny day for Puxatany Phil to see his shadow...and another cold day to stay inside and online job-hunt and make cards. This is card #1 of two First Birthday cards for twin boy cousins. The designer paper is by DCWV. I had Martha Stewart train punches to coordinate, and I was pleased to find I even had a "cloud" punch to use for the steam coming out of the engine. The sketch was provided by Tayor Van Brueggen for last Friday's Cupcake Challenge. I haven't used a cupcake image in the past (it wasn't required), but since it's a birthday card, I was finally able to use an image by Imaginise. It's being towed by the train!

I was thinking about the ease of taking digital photos and uploading them to the internet within minutes, and then I thought of how many cameras I've had. I have 2 digital cameras, both automatic, one larger and with lots of zoom. The Canon I use for most of my photos is a pocket-sized camera, and I carry it everywhere. The camera below is my first camera! I've had it since I was 10, and I actually have some really nice photos taken with it. It took 620 film that was almost as wide as the camera itself, and had to be wound manually from spool to spool after each photo.

And the little glass animal was a later addition that I tried to glue on before the days of super glue. It was my way of saying "watch the birdie". I used to think it was a platypus, but I'm not so sure.


I threw in the photo below just to make it easier to look at the nine Valentines I made last week - all at once.

6 comments:

laos348 said...

Great cards. That background paper is cute and great job on the Valentines. They look fantastic!

Cheryl Walker said...

Very cute cards, love all the valentines one you made too!!!!

Jackie said...

Awesome cards...love the colors! tfs!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

That is a very cute kid's birthday card. The valentines are great too!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

The bday card is perfect for a little boy. How cool that you still have your old camera!

Jeffrey Paswick said...

groundhogs are cool! but get a pic of a real groundhog and make a blog about groundhogs! i am going to make a blog about narwals!