Friday, February 13, 2009

A Little Spring Indoors

After I made this card for a SCS Challenge, I noticed my shamrock plant had some flowers. That's not unusual - it flowers from time to time all year. But in the middle of February, it's such a wonderful reminder of Spring, I just had to photograph it.

There was enough light in my front window, but no backgrounds that seemed to work. So, the photo below shows how I set up the shot. I turned on my "daylight" lamp, placed a piece of blue paper behind the plant and rested the camera on the mini tripod. I always think my hand is steady enough until I see the final result. Most times there's no problem, but many times when taking close-ups, a bit of blur shows up when I zoom in on the photo. Sure, there are settings to change even on my auto-camera, but I've never been "into" settings and such. :)




5 comments:

Liz said...

LOVE that photo shoot! :) That middle picture would make a beautiful background pic on the computer.

Stephanie said...

pretty card!

CREATE=FUN said...

great card., you did wonderful!

Jackie said...

Gorgeous card..love the colors!!

~*Joni said...

I love your flowers! What a beautiful reminder that spring is right around the corner. :D Your studio is fabulous!