Friday, February 27, 2009

Ribbon Flower

Here's an example of a design that just popped into my head when I saw today's Limited Supply Challenge at SCS. The idea was to use one stamp set to create your own designer paper, so I looked at my limited stamp collection and saw a set I hadn't used yet - 4 "buttons" by Hero Arts. I used 2 of the four stamps to create the multi-colored paper, one of the same stamps for the green on green paper, and a 3rd stamp for the main image. Another "limit" was to use only ribbon and brads for embellishments, so I used both. The prongs on the brads were way too bulky, so I bent them off and glued the brads to the card. I cut slits in the cardstock and pulled pieces of ribbon through to make the flower stem, and attached the flower face over thin pieces of cardboard (a cheap substitute for dimensionals).

The sketch is from this week's Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge.

6 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love the soft colors!! Beautiful card!!

Michelle said...

this is really cute!

Jackie said...

What a cute card and I love the spring colors you used! tfs!!!

Ida P. Krause said...

How Cute! What a fun card.

Loretta Rodger said...

This card is so much fun!

Sonia Kertznus said...

Wonderful card... love the ribbon...and the colors are adorable...HUGS...SK :)
Visit my NEW blog, follow it and link me to yours for the chance to win a $50 RAK full of scrap goodies at the end of the month.
www.scraps4fun.com