Thursday, February 26, 2009

Stylish Inchies

February is coming to a close and I haven't posted nearly as many times as I'd intended, but my focus has been on job-hunting. Hopefully next month will be better in both ways. These 2 cards are version #1 and #2 of the same card. I started with a Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge and added 3 inchies (1x1" piece of art). The inchie in the middle is one I received in a swap, the one on the left is one I made for that swap, and the one on the right is one I made to match the others. My inchies were made with punches, matted over grid paper I generated in Excel. All the checked paper is also Excel-designed and printed.

The version above has the inchies matted on just the bright blue piece. I felt something might be missing, so I matted the bright blue on black. Which do you prefer? If you design and make a card to give someone, they will probably not notice anything but the care and love that went into it. If you are creating art for yourself, you have only yourself to please. However, since I sell many of my cards, it would be great to have input from potential customers. So, if you were buying one of the two cards above, which one would you be more likely to buy? And would you like to see a sentiment on the front, such as "You've Got Style..." (with a Happy Birthday or other message inside)?

The round card below is one I made at Archiver's last weekend. The red piece was fed through a dry embossing machine and then sanded to expose the cardstock core. When I got home, I added a few more jewels to the front and changed the sentiment to "celebrate" so I could use it as a birthday card.


3 comments:

Alison Anderson said...

I prefer the bright blue on black for sure. I can never have too many layers!

Loretta Rodger said...

I also prefer the blue!

Martha said...

great job., the colors are wonderful!