Sunday, February 22, 2009

Two Of A Kind


These two cards were made for last week's Splitcoaststampers Sketch /Ways To Use It Challenges. Both have stripes of some kind. The card above was made with an adhesive mat stack by Autumn Leaves. The bottom layer is actually the glossy cover from the mat, complete with shadows between the stripes. I stamped the Anna Griffin/All Night Media rose in brown ink and colored it with pink markers and glitter gel pen, then punched it into an oval shape, sponged the edges and adhered to the brown piece with foam tape. The little "Happy Birthday" tag is metal - it was white and I inked over it to get it to match better.


The palm tree card was made with Me And My Big Ideas paper and another AG/All Night Media stamp. I used watercolor pencils and a blender pen around the image and highlighted the tree with glitter gel pen. The embellishments are a little cork circle stamped with a retired Stampin' Up stamp and 2 metal "snaps".



4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love both cards. Wow.. who would have thought to use cork on a card. Nice detail.

Becky said...

both of these cards are just lovely, but I think I am partial to the rose card :), love all the DP and patterns, great job on this sketch.

Jackie said...

Very nice cards...nice job on the sketch---I haven't tried it yet! tfs!!

Alison Anderson said...

Nice work with the sketch! It was a tought one!