Sunday, March 01, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year

Ok, I'm a bit late for the start of the Chinese New Year, but this would have been a good card to send to someone for the occasion. It's actually a card made for a "Frugal Finds" challenge at SplitCoastStampers. I will give it to a friend who has a birthday in April and likes all things Asian. The main elements of the card are all upcycled finds - dragon image cut from menu at a Chinese restaurant, round coaster from a Thai restaurant (I added the black punched circle to cover up the advertising), and the red background was cut from a poster being thrown out at my last office job. I used Stazon ink to stamp the four images in the corners, punched out 2 other corners with the corner punch that seemed to match the best, and covered the dragon with Crystal Effects for stiffness (it was also adhered to cardstock before cutting out).

No comments: