Monday, March 30, 2009

Virtual Stamp Night

After 2 weeks of sniffling and sneezing, it was wonderful to get back to some card-making. Saturday was a mini "Virtual Stamp Night" at Splitcoaststampers, and I made cards for two of the half-dozen challenges. Las Vegas (Hello LV cousins and aunt!!) was the overall theme, and the card above was inspired by the circus (as in Circus Circus). I didn't have any circus-related stamps or papers, but I thought these colors and patterns were very "circusy". The sentiment was a scrap I found already gold-embossed on vellum. Everything was layered onto black. I added the enamel mask charm and ribbon.
This card was inspired by the ceiling of the Bellagio - using a transparency and flowers. This is my first try at the technique. I used a lighter weight of acetate - the type found in page protectors - but it stands up on its own and that's what counts. The flowers by Hero Arts were stamped on the front of the card, the caption by Hallmark was stamped on patterned paper attached OVER the stamped flowers, and the white mat was attached BEHIND the plastic (so no adhesives are visible). The larger piece of designer paper is attached to the inside back of the card, and I left it unstamped for my own sentiment later.

I hope one or both of the views shows you how this was designed - it's hard to get a good pic of "clear".

No comments: