Thursday, April 30, 2009

April Showers/May Flowers

After several days of much-needed rain, the last day of April was a nice day to walk part of the way home from work. After I got off the bus, I strolled through Linden Hills and spotted this little frog in someone's front yard.
This fir tree always catches my eye. It sits next to a large empty lawn where it commands attention. The bush below (photo'd on a different day) always intriques me. Don't most trees sprout leaves before flowers?
Here's a close-up of the flower:
Closer to home, another bush blooms in much the same way, but the "flowers" are unusual.

Looks like a pussywillow bush, if there is such a thing. You can tell I'm no plant expert, lol!


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow! These photos are exquisite; I can tell you have a good camera :) I expecially like the "pussywillow bush". Makes a good header for your blog, too. Happy Spring!