Sunday, April 12, 2009

Peaceful Easter

I was up before dawn today so I could eat breakfast at Mom's church and attend the early service. My first week of work was practice for getting up early, but the four felines decided I needed to be up even earlier: 5:43! They must have sensed I had forgotten to wash a pair of pants I wanted to wear, so I was able to do a small load of laundry, feed them, take a shower and half-dry my hair.
This is the church where I was confirmed. There are many churches with larger, more elaborate buildings, but I've always admired the simplicity of the architecture and modern details inside. The communion railing above is one example.

Beautiful hydrangeas, tulips and mums, but no lilies today - the pastor is allergic.

The graceful steel arches are painted a wonderful sky-blue (well, maybe it's more of a turquoise, but I like to think the color is no accident).
We met up with the rest of the family and ate at one of my favorite restaurants along my old route home from work. The weather is finally leaning toward Spring. I hope you had a blessed and peaceful Easter.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

He is Risen indeed!