Sunday, May 24, 2009

At The Circus

This circus-themed card started with a Taylor's Cupcake Challenge sketch and an Autumn Leaves stamp set. I colored all three animals with colored pencils and cut out the hippo and lion. The lion is attached with foam tape and the hippo is layered over a stool that I drew. The sentiment is PC-printed and all the paper is from a DCWV previous summer mini mat stack. I dotted silver glitter gel pen around all the figures (like lights under the big top?).
The card also fits a Limited Supply Challenge at SCS to get inspired by ANY May holiday. May 19th was Circus Day!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

This is wonderful! I like the corner suggestion of a circus tent; the cute animals and the simple sentiment. You always were great with colored pencils....I will never forget that neat model that sat on top of your canopy bed. :)

Danyelle Kessler said...

This is adorable and so colorful too!