Saturday, May 23, 2009

Love Bus

As soon as I saw this VW bus on an ad that came in the mail, I knew I was going to design a card around it. My brother C has an orange VW camper that he hopes to restore one day - it has sentimental value. I don't think he'll ever paint flowers all over it, but it worked out beautifully that I have a "mod" flower paper punch to coordinate with the image. Splitcoaststampers has a Clean-And-Simple (CAS) challenge every Monday and this is my first card in that category. It sure feels good to pare down after some of the multi-layer, heavily embellished designs I've been doing. And saving time and materials is always a worthy goal!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This is such a fun card! How neat to be inspired by this and create something out of it. I'm sure you could find a matching punch from your stash for just about anything that comes your way - lol! Isn't the CAS thread great? Nice to take some creative time for yourself on the weekend, huh?