Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sending Sunshine

This was the card I made for Virtual Stamp Night/Weekend at Splitcoaststampers. The color scheme was the challenge - the colors of a potato with cheese, bacon bits and chives, with a dash of paprika! The sketch is my own. Stamps used are the "sunshine" and the postmarks; everything else is punched or cut out, with some inked or sponged edges.


We have plenty of sunshine and the heat to go with it, so my blogging and crafting have slowed down with my energy. But my reading is way up! I just finished my third book this month: Dance Hall Of The Dead by Tony Hillerman. Riding the bus gives me the time to read that I didn't have before and Hillerman's books are so captivating that I'm continuing on with the rest of the books already in my own library. When those run out, I'll check out the public library to see what they have. Maybe I'll be inspired to make a few more cards based on the book covers, like the one I did last month.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yippee...we got this card! What a perfect week to send it. Actually, maybe it would be even better to receive it in January :)