Sunday, June 14, 2009

Welcome To The Neighborhood


Last week Taylor Van Bruggen of Taylored Expressions announced that she and her husband were moving from California back to Iowa. So, for her Friday sketch challenge, I decided to make an Iowa-themed card, and welcome her back to the Midwest!

I used the sketch vertically instead of horizontally and also flipped it - all to accomodate the shape of Iowa!

Starting at the bottom -

Blue-sky-with-clouds patterned paper - DCWV
Dragonfly, frog and bird punched out of glittered cardstock by DCWV. First 2 punches are Marvy Uchida, the third is Martha Stewart

Two shades of green cardstock -for the grass - direct-inked and clipped with decorative scissors

Picket fence punch by Martha Stewart

"Rope" edge punch by Fiskars (green cardstock), edges inked, and I hand-trimmed the straight side to match the design

Sunflower circle punch by Fiskars - slightly patterned paper by Provocraft, sponged with ink

Iowa shape was found on the internet - I reduced it to the size I wanted, traced it on patterned paper, then stamped with Hero Arts flag and Stampin' Up! watermelon and grapes, attached over thin cardboard for dimension

"Iowa" stamped with individual letters (Inkadinkado) on terra-cotta colored cardstock, punched with a square and snipped the corners, inked the edges and attached over thin cardboard

The "Welcomes You" sign was PC-printed, oval-punched, edge-inked and layered over thin cardboard. I added tiny round punches of cardstock for "rivets".

If I forgot anything, let me know. It was a fun card to make and one that probably turned out a lot like I'd envisioned. Oh, and Happy Birthday, Taylor!

2 comments:

Tracibub said...

What a cute card to welcome Taylor back! It makes me miss Iowa, too!! :)

Lisa said...

I don't know why, but it always gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling when I hear that someone is moving from CA to the Midwest! :)